Hosted by the Technology & Engineering Booster Club
A career exploration event for all 7th and 8th grade students, all sophomore students, as well as interested juniors and seniors.
Arts & Communication | Business & Entrepreneurship | Engineering & Manufacturing | Health Sciences | Human Services | Science & Technology
Goal: Provide students exploration opportunities, including:
- Hands-on experience with large equipment. Up close experience with snow plows, tractors, race cars, semi-trucks, district school buses and more! Students can climb in the driver’s seat, look under the hood at the engines and experience the technology firsthand.
- Open discussions with career role models. Students can interact with local role models in Business and Technical Trade fields. Students can gain an understanding of available career paths and job responsibilities.
- An understanding of the education and career pathway. All high school students who participate in this year’s Career Exploration Day will have a chance to attend two of six career breakout sessions. Representatives from area businesses and community colleges will provide an overview of the pathway from high school to career in each of the following areas:
- Arts and Communication
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Engineering and Manufacturing
- Health Sciences
- Human Services
- Science and Technology.
There will be exciting attractions in the parking lot!
Welding Demonstration – Police Cars – Race Car – Tractors – Squad Car – Service Van – Snow Plow Truck – Hands-on Demonstrations, and more!
Parents, please join us!
There will be a special “Parents Only” time to see what the students will be experiencing that day.