June 19 – August 4, 2017
*Two positions open for summer 2017
The City of Northfield is offering a 7-week paid internship and career exploration program for local youth ages 16-22 who are interested in gaining exposure to municipal careers, including local government and public service. The internship program will take place from Monday, June 19 to Friday, August 4, 2017. Exact schedule TBD.
Two departments have openings for summer interns in 2017.
City of Northfield youth interns will participate in training and professional development sessions throughout the summer experience.
Interns will earn $12/hour and will work a minimum of 15 hours per week, maximum 30 hours per week. Time commitment and weekly schedule will vary according to the city department hosting the intern.
Seeking youth who demonstrate
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to listen, ask questions, and engage in conversation
- Sense of resourcefulness and creative problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to collaborate with staff, demonstrating initiative
- Ability to commit at least 15 hours per week from June 19 through August 4, 2017 (schedule will vary by city department)
- Additional abilities/skills according to city department hosting the intern
- Send your resume and a letter of interest (cover letter) to email@example.com as email attachments.
- In your letter of interest (cover letter), list the name and contact information for one person (teacher, current or past employer) who could be contacted by phone to provide a verbal reference for you.
Please submit your resume and letter of interest by email no later than Friday, March 31, 2017, at 5 p.m. Applications will be reviewed and interviews will be scheduled for the following week. Youth will be notified of their status by Friday, April 14.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org